Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Zinc Number Stencils / Magnet DIY



It seems I'm always running across something that I want to rebirth as creative note, memorabilia or photo holders.  This time around, I'm turning vintage french zinc number stencils into wonderful, utilitarian magnets.  You know the drill ~ as seen in similar posts here and here but in case you've not read about it on previous posts, here are a few supplies you will need. 


Supplies
  • E6000 Glue
  • Magnets 
  • Item of Choice to be magnetized.  You can find similar reproduction zinc stencils here


Directions ~

Apply a little dab of E6000 to the back of the magnet and affix to zinc stencil.  Allow several hours for the glue to dry and you'll have yourself a new set of magnets in no time.   


A little side note ~ the boy and girl standing outside the house in the above pic are my oldest brother, Charlie, and myself (a few years ago :). 

Before I say bye, I have some exciting news to share.  Recently, I had the honor of having Sarah Greenman from HOUZZ, pop over to do a photo shoot of my home.  The photos and feature will be going live soon.  I'll keep you posted and share the link when it does. In the meantime, you can catch a sneak peek over on Sarah's beautiful and inspiring blog ~ La Maison Boheme.

Have a lovely week and be sure to share a hug or kiss on Valentine's Day!  XO ~ Dana

4 comments :

  1. Just popped in from Houzz! Congrats on that & I am happy to find you. Always happy to see another Texas girl receive her due. Love your home & will put your blog on my reader. Anxious to look back & see what else you have shown us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debe ~ from one Texas gal to another ~ thank you! I'm so happy you stopped by and please do come back, I'll be posting new things soon!

      :) Dana

      Delete
  2. Hi Dana - I've just spent a very pleasant few minutes looking at your gorgeous home on Houzz! It has a slight Northern European look in terms of the white and natural materials and I love how you've repurposed vintage finds...I'm looking forward now to checking out your blog. Take care Amy, Dublin, Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy ~ thank you for your kind comment regarding my house on Houzz. You are so sweet to take the time to stop by. My son's girlfriend is originally from Finland and I absolutely love the clean aesthetic that Finland and other Northern European countries often incorporate into their design. Please do come back Amy ~ as I will be posting new things all along. Your new friend from the U.S. ~ Dana.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...