Friday, September 23, 2011

Calligraphy Name Tag Project


A quick, short blog today about a project I've been working on for the last little bit.  I've been crafting name tags for a Blogger's Luncheon I will be helping out with next week at Round Top.  The luncheon will take place at The Prairie, by Rachel Ashwell.  The event will bring together 35 bloggers, most who have never met before.  So, I decided to create a unique personalized tag for each attendee ~ I adapted them from a previous project that I did here.  It begins with the pocket-sized French book pictured above ~ I found it one day while shopping here


The first step was to pull pages from the tiny book ~ it was indeed an unfortunate part of the process.  It felt as if I were committing a crime ~ at least in my mind anyway.  I had a friend of mine (thanks Shannon) hand calligraphy the bloggers names on the torn pages from the book.  Shannon was recently inspired to learn the art of calligraphy specifically for the reason of hand addressing all of his daughter's wedding invitations.  A pretty special gift to his girl, Madison, if I may say so myself.


After the pages were penned, I laminated each of them.  

 

Then I punched holes in the top so I could loop a ribbon through to serve as a lanyard.  


Lastly, I strung ribbon through the holes and knotted the ends.  The "ribbon" is actually vintage hem tape I bought from a vendor at Brimfield.  Below, the name tags hang from a vintage I.V. pole I landed while fleaing one day.  I think the tag would also serve well as a luggage tag or would be quite beautiful hanging on a chair ~ as a place marker at a dinner party.
  
Just hangin' out ~ Round Top or bust!
I'm anticipating a great trip filled with good things.  Thanks to Bud, "The Pieman" from Royers Round Top Cafe, in advance for the wonderful grub we'll be partaking of at the blogger's luncheon on Monday.  Also, thanks to my friend, Kelley, of The Hidden List, for coordinating the event.  A portion of the proceeds will benefit Dwell With Dignity.  Shopping at Rachel's new store, Shabby Chic Couture is sure to be one of the highlights of the trip.  I'll be sharing photos and some of my experiences here as well as on Facebook and Twitter.  Have a good weekend.  :)

12 comments :

  1. They are stunning! I would love one just to frame. Maybe I should take up calligraphy in my spare time :)

    What a sweet gift you have prepared for this occasion.

    Blessings,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies! Please forgive me for just responding ~ the last few days have been a little crazy ~ while braving the dust and heat at Round Top and preparation for the luncheon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ate at Royers Saturday night. Thought about you when we were there. Sorry we didn't run into you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were the sweetest name tags I've ever seen!! I love love mine! Thank you for my amazing gift! I tried to shop yesterday but OMG was it HOTT! I didn't last long b/f heading back to my suburban blasting the A/C! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Nancy! I'm so glad you like it ~ you are so very welcome. It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday. I only wish we had longer to visit and get to know one another. I was also going to suggest using the tags as luggage tags, but I would be sad if it were destroyed by the airlines. I was thankful for the cooler weather today ~ it's was a nice treat after such a blazing week. I hope you got a chance to shop today. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Michaela!!! And thank you for stopping by Tattered Style. :)

      Delete
  7. Did you use laminating pouches? What size? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel ~ yes I did. They were 4 1/4" x 6 1/4". Hope this helps!
      :) Dana

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...