Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bavarian Beauty

Please excuse my delinquency in getting this post out.  I'm on holiday with my family.  In the meantime, I thought I might share this wonderful Bavarian feed sack with you.  **The hydrangeas are blooming beautifully in my yard.
I found this beauty at Brimfield last month.  As you can see, it dates back to the year 1869.  It's a rarity to find feed sacks that are personalized in script.  I feel so lucky to have found this one.
  The hand sewn patches add so much character to this piece.  It couldn't be more beautiful with all of its wear and tear.
I'm using it for a table runner on my kitchen table for now ~ but no telling where it just might turn up later on down the road. :)  I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...